This recipe has been released but here’s the Wilson Vale seasonal take using delicious wild garlic and asparagus. A big thank to Inseok – their talented chef who rustled this beauty up for us!
200g plain flour
90g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
55ml cold water
200g double cream
Ground black pepper
Mature cheddar cheese
1. Mix flour, butter, salt to a crumble. Bring together with cold water and shape into tarts. Blind bake for 20 minutes.
2. Mix egg, double cream, salt and ground black pepper.
3. Blanch asparagus.
4. Pan fry red onion until slightly soft. Mix in wild garlic and take off the heat.
5. Grate cheddar and combine together egg mixture, asparagus, wild garlic and onion.
6. Add filling mixture to tarts.
7. Bake in the oven at 170C for 20 minutes.