4 tbsp Olive oil
1lg/2lb/4oz Lamb, cut into 5cm/2” cubes
3 large British Onions, cut into 8 segments
1 Clove garlic, crushed
2½cm/1” Fresh ginger, chopped
½ Stick cinnamon
6 Saffron strands
1x 400g/14oz tin tomatoes
600ml/1pt Chicken stock
25g/1oz Blanched almonds
25g/1oz Dried cranberries
1 Handful coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas No 5
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the lamb until browned. Remove from the pan.
3. Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until softened. Add the ginger
and cook for 1 minute. Add the cinnamon, saffron, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil,
remove from heat and add lamb.
4. Cook for an hour to an hour and a half until tender.
5. Heat the butter and fry the almonds for 1 minute until golden brown, add the cranberries.
6. Serve the tagine with couscous and almonds, cranberries and coriander.